NATIONAL FIRE ACADEMY OFF-CAMPUS COURSE
Introduction to NFIRS 5.0
October 11-12, 2022
This two-day course teaches students how to use standardized forms to achieve uniformity in their incident and activity reporting. This training program is designed specifically to support local fire service organizations, and it will assist them in providing data both to their management and to decision-makers, as well as to their state uniform fire reporting system.
At a local level, National Fire Incident Reporting System data can be used to:
- Describe a community's fire problem.
- Support budget requests and improve decision-making for allocation of resources.
- Assist in planning for future fire protection.
- Help identify opportunities for scheduling nonemergency activities.
- Evaluate code enforcement programs.
- Identify target audiences for public fire education programs.
- Support requests from grant making organizations and alternative funding sources to fund department programs and priorities.
DATE: Wednesday, October 11 and Thursday, October 12, 2023
TIME: 0800 – 1700 hours each day
East Valley Fire Department, Station 40 2003 Beaudry Road, Yakima, WA 98901
FEE: No Cost
PREREQUISITES: None “Bring Your Own Device”-BYOD
STUDENT MATERIALS: BYOD Instructions Student Manual
LUNCH: Coffee, water and snacks will be available. (Lunch not provided.)
STUDENT IDs: Registration requires an identification number obtained online at https://cdp.dhs.gov/FEMASID
Registration & Register at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/87F3NVX.
E-mail request for registration, Name, SID Number, and Department to:
Ray Lamoureux, Deputy Fire Chief (509) 457-8615